Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Reason 288

Snow madness. I don't know if this holds true for your sunny neck of the woods, Jason, but for at least the last month all the local media outlets have been warning Seattleites about an impending visit from a fesity little lady called La Nina. Apparently, she's stopped by the area before and wreaked all sorts of havoc. Meteorologists have been prediciting the worst winter in over 50 years and people have been waiting with bated breath to see if there is any truth to their mumbo jumbo (we all know meteorology isn't a real science). Well, on Sunday night that weather system made an unexpected house call, sprinkling adorable irridescent snowflakes all over the Puget Sound. The citizens of my fair city became giddy at the thought of catching flakes on their tongues and showing off their most recently purchased cold weather togs. Then Monday morning arrived and La Nina had become a woman scorned, determined to ruin every adult's commute and grant every child's wish of school getting cancelled by dumping inch upon inch of the white stuff up and down western Washington. Snow-pocalypse had begun (I swear I heard the clopping of 4 sleigh horses in the distance). Now, when it snows around here people freak out just a little. Ok, more like a whole lot. Sure, we can handle 100 days of rain in a row, but if a quarter of an inch of snow accumulates on the ground all common sense goes straight out the window. It probably doesn't help that the local news stations track every blip on the Doppler radar, send lowly reporters to the tops of every hill covered in a sheet of ice to film cars sliding out of control, and interview little old ladies who are bound to slip on the sidewalk and break a hip if the cameras run long enough. We can't escape the snow insanity. Last night I watched the news at 9:30 before I went to bed and when I woke up at 6am and turned on the TV I swear the exact same segments were being aired. With the amount of time our news anchors spent chatting about the pregnant woman who was stuck in traffic for 5 hours, one would think there is nothing important happening anywhere else in the world. Um, didn't someone fling a bomb at South Korea? If you are ever on location filming a movie in my great city, Jason, and there's snow in the forecast, don't be surprised if the entire western region of the state shuts down. I'll be happy to shine some light on the mass hysteria and then drive you to the nearest Safeway so you can stockpile a week's worth of canned goods in your trailer. Julie Andrews may think snowflakes are fine and dandy, but around here they are certainly not one of our favorite things. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go put on a 4th pair of socks. Should I be concerned that I can't feel my toes?

No comments:

Post a Comment