Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Monday, November 1, 2010

Reason 284 (The Lost Reason)

The Puyallup Fair. Deep fried chicken and doughnut burgers. Whiny, snot-nosed children in strollers. Fragrant livestock doing their business out in the open. Morbidly obese families in ill-fitting clothing. Behold the wonders of the fair! I could be making this up, but I'm pretty sure the annual western Washington state fair in Puyallup is the largest one west of the Mississippi and boy is it a doozy. It runs for three weeks each September, and this year I was fortunate enough to get a double dose of artery-clogging food, terrified roller coaster riders emitting high-pitched shrieks, and grimy public restrooms that ran out of paper towels within the first two hours of opening. Once we're friends, Jason, you'll have to make it a point to visit me in early September so you can marvel at all the locals and taste a famous Fisher's scone for yourself. I've made the yearly pilgrimage to Puyallup since before I could walk, so I know the fairgrounds like the back of my freckled hand and would be happy to navigate us quickly through the throngs of hillbillies to the Hobby Hall full of homemade clothes and 4-H presentations about castrating sheep. We could caress the thousand-pound pumpkins, pose for pictures with adorable piglets, and construct elaborate theories about the people who plunk down good money for telescoping flagpoles, bottles filled with colored sand, and magnetic bracelets that harness your chi (or some shit like that). If you behave yourself I'll even treat you to a Cow Chip cookie. Sounds like a magical Saturday to me, Jason. How could you resist?

*I titled this the Lost Reason because I actually hand wrote this post in mid-September after enjoying a rockin' Hall & Oates concert at the fair. My procrastination is so intense that I didn't have the energy to type up my ramblings until today

No comments:

Post a Comment