Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Friday, September 10, 2010

Reason 275

Pike Place Market. Seattle embraced the whole "support local farmers" movement way before sustainability became a buzz word and compost bins started popping up in kitchens up and down the best coast. Since 1907 local artisans and agriculturists have set up shop off of Pike street to peddle every food and craft item imaginable. The market, which also hosts a small theater, buskers of every ilk, and a seriously disgusting wall covered in chewed gum, sits in the heart of downtown and has grown to cover several blocks. As a native of the Emerald City I have visited Pike Place every season of the year, battling oblivious tourists who stop in the middle of the aisle to gawk at the fish mongers tossing salmon through the air, so I know how to deftly maneuver through the unwashed masses to get to the booths holding true treasures. I'd be happy to give you a whirlwind tour, Jason. We'd definitely snag a couple of surprisingly delicious vegan cinnamon rolls and some fresh baked bread to enjoy during dinner. The funky movie and comic memorabilia shop is always worth a walk through and no trip to the market is complete without checking out the very first Starbucks and snapping a picture with Rachel, the bronze pig that stands guard at the entrance. I'll even promise to refrain from cussing out moronic parents with double strollers and dolts with dogs (which will require great restraint). Just don't add an 's' to Pike when you refer to my glorious farmer's market. I'll let it slide the first time, but if it happens again I'll abandon you for some quiet time at the strip club across the street. My patience can only be stretched so thin.

No comments:

Post a Comment