Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Reason 271

Classroom decor. It's a little-known secret that new teachers don't receive their certificates until they can successfully demonstrate an ability to create eye-catching and educational displays from nothing more than butcher paper and cheap doo-dads scrounged from the teachers' lounge. Luckily, I had almost ten years of window display experience under my belt by the time I graduated from teacher school, so I passed the Martha Stewart test with flying colors. This year I threw together three stellar bulletin boards that are so jaw-droppingly brilliant my poor students won't know where to look first. Should I scan the Word Wall with its intimidating red background and jaunty swirled trimmer? Perhaps the display of book recommendations by the door is worthy of my attention. Decisions, decisions. If I was a student I'd make a beeline for the far wall where a display titled "A little friendly advice" is covered with index cards from last year's students that contain true nuggest of wisdom for anyone who wants to survive a semester in my portable. Apparently, reading while I am talking results in a punishment worse than death (who am I to argue?) and new children should prepared to be mocked in front of their peers. Yep, sounds about right. Just wait until I get really zany and start hanging things from the ceiling! Now, I can't think of a single reason why you, Jason, would need to utilize my superior bulletin board making skills, but if you find yourself knee-deep in rolls of butcher paper and have a drawer overflowing with cheap trinkets from your last twenty vacations, I will whip up a display like you've never seen. Just remind me to measure before cutting though; there was an unfortunate incident in my classroom last week where I realized the purple paper I had used for my Word Wall wasn't wide enough and I had to tear the entire thing down. My rage could be heard for miles around. It's not wise to mess with a lady's bulletin board.

No comments:

Post a Comment