Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Thursday, August 26, 2010

Reason 267

Hollow fruit. Strawberries are, hands down, my favorite fruit (no, I will not engage in discourse with you about the berry qualifying as an actual fruit...nerd). Every spring and summer I keep a container of the succulent red treats in my fridge so I can gorge on them any hour of the day (and make up for the lack of fruit I consume the other two seasons of the year). Even learning in high school science that all those teeny outer seeds are the plant's ovaries hasn't stifled my love affair. Because my adorationn of strawberries is so strong, I am adamant about how they should be enjoyed - unadorned and hollowed out. There is absolutely no reason for someone to turn them into ice cream, bake them into pie or, God forbid, dip them in chocolate (fruit and dessert should never mix). Growing up, my mother always took the time to slice off the top of each berry she served and to do away with any soft spots that may offend a delicate palate like mine. When I was old enough to fix my own bowl of berries I went one step further and cut out the pithy white center since it has no flavor anyway. I didn't realize this was unusual until a coworker commented on my hollow berries at lunch one day. I have also taken to removing the cores of kiwis since the center is generally too hard for my spoon to cut into and just the other night I was introduced to the wonders of a tool used by lazy people everywhere to pit cherries (which I don't eat, but wouldn't mind stabbing holes in). So, any time we're hanging out and you have a hankering for seasonal fruit that can be hollowed out, Jason, you can bet I'll fill up a bowful of tasty treats that will make you proud. Heck, I'll even figure out how to pit a peach if you're craving something sweet - besides me, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment