Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Friday, August 20, 2010

Reason 260

Dance movies. I have a sneaking suspicion, Jason, that you are a closeted fan of films that involve elaborate dance sequences. I mean, you wrote an entire puppet musical, practically gushed about getting to be part of HIMYM's musical episode, and have publicly lamented the fact that the last few Muppet movies haven't had song and dance numbers. It just makes sense that you'd get a thrill from seeing gyrating hips and acrobatic leaps on the big screen. Tonight I attended an event that I think would be right up your alley - the first screening of the Century Ballroom's View & Chew series which is devoted to showing a dance-centric movie every weekend for free for the next few months. The only thing that would have made the whole experience more enjoyable is your company, Jason. Well, that and more comfortable chairs. Sitting on wooden folding chairs for two hours does major damage to a girl's backside, even a pleasantly plump one like mine. But I digress. Around 7:30 about thirty hip Seattleites started trickling in to one of the smaller ballrooms to enjoy the Australian dance masterpiece Strictly Ballroom, one of my all-time favorite movies. On top of the fact that I didn't have to pay a penny to enjoy the flick, food and drinks were available from the swanky restaurant next door, so I got to sip on a margarita while Scott and Fran fumbled their way through the Rumba. Unfortunately, I had filled up on chicken tikka masala and garlic naan before making my way to the Century so I couldn't sample the food, but next time I am definitely trying the popcorn garnished with duck fat and parmesan cheese. Now, if only they'd work bacon into that equation. Upcoming films include Dirty Dancing, Singing' in the Rain, and a Halloween showing of The Rocky Horror Picture Show, so if you want to dress up like a sweet transvestite and do "The Time Warp", just let me know. I'll even get there early to snag a couple seats in the front because nobody puts Jason Segel in a corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment