Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Reason 248

Mustache appreciation. The other day while noshing on a pulled pork sandwich at a funky BBQ joint in Sisters, Oregon, my eye spied an autographed picture of Sam Elliott, a man known for his glorious facial hair as much as his acting chops. Seeing Mr. Elliott in all his black-and-white movie still glory reminded me of a radio interview you gave ages ago (thanks, YouTube!) in which you and the DJ's professed your appreciation for famous men and the equally famous hairy ctaerpillars perched above their upper lips. You're top three mustaches of all time belong to Tom Selleck (as Magnum P.I., of course), the aforementioned Sam Elliott, and the other famous mustached Sam - Mr. Shepard. Now, I agree that those men sport some amazing facial hair, but my third choice would definitely be Dastardly, the cartoon villain of "Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines" fame. Sure, his mustache is drawn on, but it is still a wonder to watch him twirl it menacingly between his gloved fingers. I bet Sam Shepard can't do that! Other folks who stake a claim in my mustache-loving heart include Charlie Chaplin and Adolf Hitler (the only redeemable thing about that monster). I'm sure there are others, but they don't come to mind at the moment. Our differences of opinion about legendary 'staches doesn't worry me, Jason, since I think disagreement between friends is a healthy thing. We should be able to engage in rousing debates about mundane topics like famous facial hair or toilet paper quality or the existence of yetis, secure in the knowledge that we do agree on important things, like the complete and total awesomeness of Disneyland. Besides, no matter what you say I will always be right - no need to argue about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment