Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Sunday, August 8, 2010

Reason 247

Simplicity. Yesterday was my birthday, a lovely occasion for examining the past year, setting goals for the next, and appreciating all of the amazing people in my life. It also doesn't hurt to indulge in some stiff drinks and wickedly decadent chocolate dessert. Since turning thirty a few years ago I've realized that the older I get the less I care about gifts and parties, at least in relation to my own momentous birth - when it comes to other people's big days I am happy to go a little overboard. If you asked me what I wanted for my birthday I honestly couldn't rattle off a list of things purchased at a store, so you're off the hook, Jason. Nope, I'd much rather my birthday be a simple affair with me enjoying a much-needed massage, hitting a couple happy hours in Bend, and curling up in an oversized chair with a good book. Apparently, the adage that with age comes wisdom does hold true in my case, at least when it comes to keeping things simple and understanding people and experiences are 100 times more enriching than things. Of course, I won't turn my nose up at a thoughtful gift of new sneakers (Asics size 10), tickets to Disneyland, or my own gig as a writer for a hit TV show, but a few kind words from you, Jason, would be just as appreciated. Gee, I bet you can hardly wait to be my age so you can throw off the shackles of consumerism and be all Zen. That gives you three years to maintain your lifestyle of Bacchanalian excess - enjoy it while you can, youngin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment