Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Sunday, July 25, 2010

Reason 237


Old-fashioned family fun. Sure, Pasadena has its swanky Rose Parade and Hollywood hosts a funky Christmas pcavalcade each year, but is there a city near you, Jason, that hosts a soiree where you can bear witness to preschoolers on trikes tearing up the asphalt? Well, look no further, my friend. Yesterday I literally stepped out my front door to find myself on the sidelines of my city's 25th annual River Days parade, a celebration of every small business, Boy Scout troop, and church in the area, with almost all participants decked out in either red, white and blue or rubber duck accoutrements (we have a thing for ducks, apparently), tossing cheap candy out to the crowd. One of the city council members even shouted out my name when she passed by, causing several sidewalk-sitters to turn and wave hello, making me feel like a bit of a celebrity. Once my family soaked up our fill of the small town procession, we headed off to the hokey arts and crafts market, watched partially clothed tots dance gleefully in the spray from the firefighters' hose, and passed judgement on the quilts artfully displayed in the library. The whole affair was so charming I almost expected to see Opie waltzing through the sun-kissed masses with a fishing pull cocked jauntily on his shoulder. If you ever want a taste of small town life, Jason, just say the word. I'm sure my brother would make room on the sidewalk for your bum so you could get your fill of grown men dressed like pirates and the rockin' sounds of the Sounders marching band (imported from Seattle). Any candy you catch automatically gets handed over to the nieces, though. It would be such a shame to ruin a Rockwell-esque moment with a tantrum from a sugar-deprived toddler. Besides, you'll want to make sure there's room in your belly for the funnel cake being dished out at the nearby park. Nothing says old-timey fun like a deep fried, powder-covered heart attack on a plate, I always say.

No comments:

Post a Comment