Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Friday, July 23, 2010

Reason 234

Crows. Apparently, the black scavengers are all the rage in today's art scene. How would I know this, you ask? Well, today my mother and I spent hours strolling the aisles of the 64th annual Bellevue Arts Fair and spied at least six different booths showcasing crows in various mediums performing all sorts of non-avian activities. Luckily for this non-crow-loving appreciator of art, there were hundreds of other subjects on display, some of which were awe-inspiring and some of which my three year-old niece would have recognized as banal. This three-day arts festival has been on my summer calendar since I was old enough to walk for more than an hour without whining, and I look forward to checking out over 300 vendors and styles of art each year. The only drawback to attending this shindig are the throngs of people, most of whom are complete morons (crowds are definitely not my bag). Couple this extreme stupidity with high temperatures and I tend to revert back to a petulent child who repeatedly asks when the torture will end so we can duck into the nearby mall for an ice cream cone. This is where you come in, Jason. As my friend, it would be much appreciated if you accompanied me to the fair next year (with my mom in tow, of course) so you could act as my buffer against the hordes of people walking this way and that like confused ants. When I start to grumble about folks stopping smack dab in the middle of a row to chat up a long lost friend you will gently prod me to keep moving and ignore the fool's poor manners. Your mouth shall be quicker than mine in order to hold me back from screaming "Stop taking pictures of the art, you idea thief!" when I see someone whip out their camera for the fourth time. Since you're at least a head taller than me you can also navigate the endless rows, steering us around buffoons walking three abreast and mothers pushing double strollers. In exchange for your patient help you'll get an eyeful of ceramics, textiles and paintings created by folks from all over the country and a scone slathered in raspberry jam from Fischer's, the preeminate producer of scones in the Pacific Northwest. If you sweet talk my mom you might even get two scones! So, don't make any plans for the last full weekend in July next year because you'll be living it up in Bellevue with me and the mama. I bet you haven't had a sweet offer like that in months. Top that, Los Angeles!

No comments:

Post a Comment