Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Reason 232

Fresh and cheap. No, those aren't words people use to describe me (well, usually). Rather, they're two adjectives I'd use for the farmers' market in my town. As mentioned in my earlier post, my condo purchase has left me drowning in debt and cranky more days than I'd prefer, but one perk of living in my building is the weekly farmers' market that is literally across the street and open every Tuesday afternoon during the summer months. Since June I have taken great pleasure in strolling through the maze of produce stands, watching little kids and older folks dancing to outdated music in the small performance area, and flirting a bit with the attractive gentleman who works at the pizza booth. If you are ever in town on a Tuesday, Jason, we'll have to skip over to the booth on the corner that sells giant bags of sweet-smelling kettle corn, snag some tacos from the folks a few feet away (their meat is cooked on a giant vertical spit - awesome!), and polish off our meal with a scoop or two of homemade ice cream from the gracious gentleman by the fountain. If you want a souvenir of your visit I would recommend a $5 bouquet of fresh picked flowers or a cute kitten from the Humane Society van that occassionally docks at the curb to guilt parents into adopting a family pet - those ASPCA folks are so devious. Maybe you can even use your suave people skills to chat up the pizza guy. Is there such a thing as a farmers' market wingman? If not, I definitely think you should be the first.

No comments:

Post a Comment