Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Reason 224

Villainy. Like millions of other Americans, I escaped last weekend's heat wave by easing myself into an over-sized chair with armrests and basking in air-conditioned gloriousness while viewing your latest film, Despicable Me. I must say, I rather enjoyed the animated flick, despite the thoughtless people in my row who lumbered past me in the middle of it and the occasional screams from a toddler one aisle over who clearly wasn't ready for the movie theater experience. I even guffawed out loud numerous times, which is fairly rare for me in the cineplex setting. The characters voiced by Steve Carell, Kristen Wiig, and Russell Brand were fabulous, but in my mind the true star of the show was Vector, who was brought to life so convincingly by you, my dear friend Jason Segel. You looked smashing in your orange track suit (I'd rethink the fanny pack, though) and the weapons you thought up were sheer maniacal genius. I also appreciated your love of cookies, since I am a connoisseur of the little round baked goodies as well, especially if they contain coconut. Now, I understand, Jason, that you are not the people you play on screen, but I also know (since you mentioned in just about every interview you did for Despicable Me) that you identify with Vector on a certain level, at times feeling like a 5'3" slightly insane loner with daddy issues (ok, maybe that's a stretch). Anyway, as your friend, whenever the mildly deranged villlainous side of you wants to come out to play, I will always support your insane plans to take over the world and provide you with honest critiques of your sketches for new ray guns and rockets and such. I will gladly help you perfect your evil laugh; and if you ever find yourself surrounded by lifeless victims after a science experiment goes horribly wrong, I will even sacrifice my safety and freedom to assist you in the clean up. As a wise person once said, friends help you move, but real friends help you move bodies. Just make sure the corpses aren't bloody. I'd hate to ruin a perfectly good pair of sneakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment