Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Reason 219

We are both self-described weirdos. I am fairly certain that those who've known me for awhile (or those who have read this blog for at least a month) would readily describe me as weird or, at the very least quirky, if that other word leaves a sour taste in their mouth. Let's look at the evidence, shall we? Exhibit A: I write a semi-daily blog documenting all the reasons Jason Segel should befriend me. Exhibit B: Sometimes in bookstores I grab paperbacks off the shelves, open them at random and take a deep whiff. What else? Well, when I roll down the front windows of my car they need to be at the same height, preferably making a 45 degree angle where the glass meets the frame. If anyone ever proposes marriage to me I would much rather see a cherry Ring-Pop in the velvet box that a traditional diamond band. I full-on rock out when the Partridge Family's "I Think I Love You" comes on the radio. Um, you get the picture. As far back as my memory goes I have identified as a weirdo, someone who at first stood just outside the herd, terrified someone deemed normal would notice my quirks, but who now proudly maintains a safe distance from the herd so no one will mistake me for a member. Over the years I have been fortunate enough to locate other odd ducks (must be a special radar system or something) who appreciate my offbeat sense of humor and idiosyncracies (my alarm clock setting must end in a 5, gosh darn it!). Jason, in many an interview you have proudly discussed your membership in this same tribe of freaks, which only reinforces my belief that we'll be like two peas in a pod once we finally spend some quality time together (btw, what's taking so long?). Anyone who wore a Superman cape under his clothes until he was twelve, slaved away on a puppet musical about Dracula for five years, and became a minister so he could officiate at the wedding of complete strangers is pretty odd in most people's books. I, however, think you are all the more interesting because of your weirdness and I can't wait to find out what other bizarre traits you have up your sleeve.

3 comments:

  1. My own personal brand of weird-ness... I'm a germ-freak about certain things, and yet I work a semi-low paying job that requires me to scrub penguin poop off of rockwork every morning. And that's an easy start to the day, if that's all I have to do involving penguin poop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember you being a germ-phobe in college...although I do remember you be totally grossed out by our kitchen. I can't believe some of our roommates would let dishes mold instead of cleaning them. Yeah, our houses were pretty vile, now that I think about it. Makes penguin poop seem minor by comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am weird-o, in too many ways to list, and proud of it :)

    ReplyDelete