Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Friday, July 2, 2010

Reason 214

Acrophobia. No matter how adrenaline-inducing they may be, sky diving and trapeze artistry will probably never be on our to-do lists, Jason, since both of us suffer from a fear of heights. My discomfort with being up high has never stopped me from experiencing certain activities (like my poor friend who trembles at the thought of being on the 2nd floor of the mall), but I definitely thought twice before stepping into the wicker basket attached to a hot air balloon a few years ago (great birthday present for someone who hates being five feet off the ground) and strapping myself into the parasailing harness when I was vacationing in Hawaii. I'm not sure why unrestrained elevation frightens me so, perhaps it's because as a freakishly tall person I have a lot further to fall. Luckily, being a teacher rarely requires me to tower more than a foot or so above my minions - I mean my students. Actually, any time I need to hang a poster about how awesome reading is or attach craft projects to the ceiling, there is always a handful of eager children who will risk life and limb while balancing precariously on a chair in order to add pizzazz to my classroom. As an actor, Jason, you also have access to underlings (known to most people as insane stunt doubles) who will happily support your phobia when one of your characters has to endure a gut-wrenching roller coaster ride or hang from a cliff at the edge of the Pacific ocean. Of course, sometimes a director's vision requires a close up of your adorable mug during these scenes, so the audience can bear witness to the authentic fear in your eyes. Bummer for you. Since I am such an excellent friend, Jason, I will steadfastly stand by your side during filming of such vertigo-worthy scenes, or maybe peek at you from a safe distance, and offer comfort and support while your heart rate reaches unusually high levels and you begin to question why you didn't become a CPA instead of an actor. As far as I know CPA's are never suspended from great heights. And if you ever want to stare your acrophobia in the face by trying your hand at tightrope walking or bungee jumping, I will happily tag along, extra pair of underwear at the ready in case you have a repeat performance of the unfortunate Disneyland magic store incident. Now, if boxer-brief duty isn't friendship, I don't know what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment