Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Thursday, July 1, 2010

Reason 212

Good old fashioned fun. I appreciate the simple things in life and am entertained fairly easily. Basking in the sun while savoring a new book, wandering down to the craft emporium to check out jewelry made by a favorite local artist, people watching in the Capitol Hill neighborhood of Seattle - these are all low-key, cheap activities I have enjoyed since my vacation started just a week ago. The shenanigans I partook of yesterday, though, take the summer break cake. A few miles from my humble abode is a mecca for stressed out parents and bored kiddies called the Family Fun Center. For about the price of an eight o'clock movie, I hucked wooden spheres up a Skee-Ball ramp, worked up a sweat (and my competitive spirit) at the air hockey tables, and giggled gleefullly as I zipped around the Go-Kart track, a welcome summer breeze ruffling my hair. As if all that wasn't enough to make me pee my pants with happiness, I also played eighteen holes of mini-golf with my dear friend Tamara. I guess it makes sense that I am so enamored with putt putt since it was originally created for women as an alternative to regular golf which was deemed too violent for the gentler sex. Tamara did beat me by a measly four strokes, but I cracked many a ribald joke about my blue ball and snapped some stellar pictures of me straddling various course obstacles, so losing wasn't as devastating as usual. The only thing that could have made our outing even more fantastic is your company, Jason. I know you would have dominated at the electronic basketball game, but I think I'd stand a fighting chance when it comes to goofy golf, seeing as I am shorter than you, have smaller hands that are perfect for gripping the teeny putter, and am willing to play dirty. There are still enough points on my game card for the two of us to go head to head on the artic-themed course, so just say the word and I will meet you at the Fun Center. I'll even soften the blow of losing by using some of my game tickets to buy you a plastic paratrooper or sticky hand. In my book, that's an offer that's impossible to refuse (clearly, my book is lacking in content).

No comments:

Post a Comment