Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Sunday, May 30, 2010

Reason 180

Les Mis. That would be the musical, not the book. I don't know how a Broadway show that ran for sixteen years managed to sneak by me, but I know nothing about the plot or music. This is especially shocking since I can ramble off a list of famous musical theater composers in my sleep and name (and probably sing) at least one song from all the popular shows of the past forty years at the drop of Cabaret-style bowler hat. Since Les Mis is one of your favorite musicals, Jason, I am hoping you can school me a bit on what makes it so fantastic. My only reference point is Katie Holmes murdering "Castle on a Cloud" in an episode of "Dawson's Creek," and I imagine that song isn't supposed to make one's ears bleed as it's being sung in a warbling, off-key soprano by crazy Tom Cruise's future wife. Based on the poster for the show I'm thinking Les Mis is about a girl with atrocious hair who lives in France and desperately needs to eat something, which is why she's so miserable, but that doesn't quite sound like a storyline worthy of the Broadway treatment. Enlighten me, Jason, so we can belt out "The Confrontation" together, as you've done in interviews with Paul Rudd and Neil Patrick Harris. I don't know if I can hit the low notes that Doogie does, but I'll give certainly give it my best shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment