Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Friday, May 21, 2010

Reason 171

Naps. Like you, Jason, I can nap just about anywhere. Sure, I prefer my cozy, cocoon-like bed for catching a few minutes of afternoon shut eye, but couches, cars and planes seem to be just as conducive to sleeping on the fly. In fact, I am so good at napping that if it was an Olympic sport I would definitely medal. I've never been so exhausted that I've pulled a George Costanza and snuck a nap under my desk, but I have been awfully tempted, and I'm sure I could fashion a fairly comfortable bed out of the random craft supplies and costume pieces stored in my classroom. I definitely believe regular naps make me a more pleasant person to be around. If I couldn't crawl under my covers almost every afternoon and escape the world for thirty minutes I would probably start acting like a cranky toddler, and nobody wants to deal with a 5'10" thirty-two year old woman who has fallen to the floor and is flailing her limbs about. Since I value and respect nap time so much I would never dream of rousting you from dreamland in a frightening way, a la Paul Rudd while the two of you were filming I Love You, Man. Cracking open one eye to see a coworker standing before you in nothing but a button down shirt sounds like the stuff of nightmares. I mean, you could have lost an eye if you hadn't been fully aware of your surroundings (although, sporting an eye patch does hold a certain appeal).

2 comments:

  1. I do love naps too. If you ever come by at lunchtime, my door is closed and Cherie refuses to let you knock on it, it is because I am laying on the floor in my teeny tiny little office. Hopefully sleeping, sometimes even snoring. And always slightly under my desk as floor space is limited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarious, Becky! I had no idea.

    ReplyDelete