Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Reason 168

Bandaids. I have long been a believer in the healing powers of bandaids, both of actual physical pain and your garden variety emotional slumps. Since I was a small child in pigtails I have slapped adhesive bandages onto my abnormally pale skin when I needed a little pick me up, something to put a smile on my face when things weren't quite going my way. This fascination with bandaids may be genetic because I have a lovely memory of my brother covering his face and neck in sticky beige strips and reciting Shel Silverstein's ode to the rectangular healers for an elementary school event. Back then the only options in the bandaid aisle were flesh colored strips (which were really the color of tanned white folks - obviosuly, people of color do not bleed) or, maybe if you were shopping at a high pharmacy, ones that were see-through. It was a momentous day, indeed, when mom came home with a box of brightly colored bandaids! Nowadays fashion conscious bleeders have a plethora of designs to choose from (not to be confused with a plethora of pinatas) and can stock their medicine cabinets with bandaids covered in just about anything, from bacon to cartoon characters to unicorns. Why, as I write this entry Scooby Doo, colorful crayon and frosted cupcake bandages are all nestled together in my bathroom drawer waiting for me to cut myself, which happens rather frequently since I'm a bit of a klutz. Jason, you are more than welcome to rifle through my stash of hip adhesive strips when you're hanging out at my place and affix one or two or twelve to your body. I am happy to share the bandaid love. Just try not to bleed on my beige carpet. The crime scene look is definitely not as cool as rockin' a pirate on your pinkie.

No comments:

Post a Comment