Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Thursday, May 13, 2010

Reason 162

Your catch phrase. We all have a phrase or two that we keep in our back pockets for those times when people need a little pick me up or chuckle (or need to be called out on their stupidity - "epic fail" anyone?) When I first started teaching I was prone to let "not too shabby" trip from my lips whenever I was genuinely impressed by a student's ideas or behavior, and before I knew it thirty adorable kids were mimicking me, exhalting their peers for a job well done with my three little words. In many an interview and commentary session, Jason, you have gleefully encouraged people to 'show 'em your stuff," a phrase you picked up from your dad, who often pushed you and your siblings to chase after your dreams and not be afraid to shine. Apparently hiding one's light under a bushel was not an option in the Segel family. Those words may be few, but I think they perfectly encapsulate the sentiment we often try to bestow on those we believe in, even if they may not quite believe in themselves. I admire your confidence, Jason, and appreciate your desire to motivate schlubs who are sitting at home in their underwear with a giant bowl of popcorn in their laps while watching episodes of HIMYM with the commentary turned on. I have a feeling the average person doesn't hear too many positive axioms on a regular basis (unless their psychiatrist has foisted a daily self-help calendar on them), so it's nice to know a semi-famous guy like yourself is willing to encourage all the deadbeat dads, soccer moms, and emo kids out there to be all that they can be. Who knows? Maybe if you tell enough fans to "show 'em your stuff" you'll start a nation-wide catch phrase frenzy that's on par with "Whatchu' talkin' 'bout, Willis?" and "I pity the fool!" Stranger things have happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment