Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Saturday, April 24, 2010

Reason 145

Laughter. The three criteria I expect my friends to meet are intelligence, kindness and humor. From what I have read about and seen from you, Jason, you meet all three requirements in spades. I especially value your ability to make me laugh until my sides hurt or I involuntarily snort like my middle school gym teacher. Sure, at times your jokes are sophomoric, catering to the masses with riffs about farts and vaginas, but more often than not you are very clever in your humor, turning the perfect phrase or reveling in a particularly awful pun. Lucky for you, our senses of humor are similar. I imagine when we hang out we'll have each other in stitches most of the times, trying to outdo one another with the most outrageous observations about life or the best you'll-never-believe-it tales from work. I've been attempting to elicit giggles from friends and family since I was a tot and still remember the first joke I ever wrote: What does a typewriter do when it's angry? It uses its cursor key! See, I even appreciated the nuances of word play when I was seven. Be prepared to snicker, guffaw and titter when we get together, Jason. It'll be like that wonderful scene from Mary Poppins, with the two of us drinking tea on the ceiling and wiping tears from our faces. We may get to laughing so hard that it might even be a good idea to empty your bladder beforehand, although bragging about making Jason Segel wet his pants a little might just be the highlight of my adult life.

No comments:

Post a Comment