Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Thursday, April 22, 2010

Reason 143

Doing my part to save the earth. No, I'm not some tree-hugging, electric car-driving, solar-panel pimping environmentalist like Ed Begley, Jr., so you won't have to worry about using a pit toilet when you come to my house, Jason. I do, however, try to reduce my carbon footprint by recycling pretty much every piece of paper, plastic and metal that crosses over the threshold of my condo, reusing everyday conveniences like food containers and shopping bags, and whittling away my consumer tendencies so that I only shop for what is absolutely necessary, like cool shoes and chocolate muffins from Costco. I haven't graduated to composting yet, mostly because I eat at home so rarely that it would take a year to collect enough food scraps to make it worthwhile, but both my mother and brother toss their leftovers into the yard waste bin, so I guess I compost by association. These are the sacrifices I am willing to make if it ensures Mother Nature will breathe a little easier and those super-cute polar bears will stop floating away on chunks of ice. I have actually been recycling since before the green craze swept the country. My parents used to drive us around the neighborhood on a regular basis so we could beg old newspapers and pop cans from our neighbors. We would drive everything we collected to a nearby recycling plant, fork it over, and squeal with delight when we were handed four bucks for our efforts. My mom still tosses her empty Pepsi cans into huge, black garbage bags instead of the giant recycling bin that the city provides in hopes of one day collecting enough cans to take to an aluminum company and exchange for enough money to buy a six-pack of Pepsi. So, Jason, if you ever need support in the earth-saving department just let me know and I will happily give you some pointers about sorting your garbage and send some reusable canvas sacks your way (they seem to be breeding in the backseat of my car). And if you happen to have any pop cans lying around feel free to ship them to my mother. It will make her year.

Happy Earth Day, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. My mother also reminded me that our family occasionaly pulled cans out of garbage bins at local parks. Apparently, my parents wanted me and my brother to be prepared in case we ever became homeless. No wonder I became such a weird adult.

    ReplyDelete