Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Monday, April 19, 2010

Reason 140

Alien ancestry. When I was nine or so my parents started taking me to the doctor on a fairly regular basis, even though I never complained of illness. Several times I had multiple vials of blood drawn, becoming such a regular in the lab that Scottie, the phlebotomist, knew me by name and was the only person I allowed to repeatedly jab the crook of my arm with a needle. I also submitted urine samples to the whitecoats, laid still as a statue for a CAT scan, and drank a noxious orange liquid in order to prep my tummy for an ultrasound. Being the trusting (or perhaps naive) daughter that I was, I never asked my mom or dad why I was undergoing so much medical testing, and then after a few months it all abruptly stopped with no explanation as to why. Over time all of those visits became a distant memory that I occasionally dredged up and pondered, just one more quirk to put on my personality resume. During my freshman year of college I told my roommates about my experience and they were so intrigued (and I think a little freaked out) that they demanded I call my mother immediately and get an explanation. With trembling hands I dialed the phone and, my voice quivering, asked my mom why she had dragged me to Group Health so many times in 4th grade. Her answer? She had no idea what I was talking about. Cue the shocking music! After relaying this news to my gal pals we came up with the only possible explanation: I am an alien. Or perhaps I was part of some top-secret government program. I prefer the alien theory, though. It would explain my strange eating habits, the unexplained dot that appeared on the bottom of my foot when I was 14, and my affinity for Flight of the Navigator. To top it all off, a few years ago I asked my personal physician about the testing and she found documentation of it in my records, but no explanation. As creepy as all of this is, it is also kind of cool, one more thing that sets me apart from the herd of normalcy. I bet none of your other friends can boast about alien connections, Jason. On second thought, you do live in L.A...

4 comments:

  1. You are more than welcome. Thanks for checking it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when we moved in you told me you got all your cabbage patch kids for being good at the doctor. I asked why you went to the doctor so much (you had a ton of them) and you couldn't tell me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aha! More proof that I am not insane. My mom tried to tell me, once again, that I never had the testing done.

    ReplyDelete