Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Monday, April 12, 2010

Reason 133

Cineoke. Jason, are you ready to have your mind blown? There is an event in the fair city of Seattle that combines some of the things you hold most dear: karaoke, booze, and movie musicals. I'll give you a moment to soak that in. One Monday a month in a sketchy little theater downtown about 30 people gather to belt out tunes from movies while the actual clip of the scene plays on a giant screen behind them. The first time I went I was so nervous (remember that whole scared to sing in public issue I have?) that I only performed one number, a duet with my wonderful friend, Nicole. We sang "Movin' Right Along," hamming it up while Kermit and Fozzie drove across this great country of ours in their Studebaker. In under four minutes I had found my new drug of choice. Since then I have become a tad more comfortable on that stage (a margarita seems to help), and have serenaded the crowd with renditions of "The Babysitter Blues" from Adventures in Babysitting, "Dance Ten, Looks Three" from A Chorus Line, and, my personal favorite, "Rainbow Connection". I happen to be attending Cineoke tonight and am planning on wowing everyone with "Top That", the iconic rap from Teen Witch. I wanted to sing "Let's Go to the Mall", but I didn't have time to learn all those intricate lyrics or perfect my Canadian accent. Jason, I truly think attending Cineoke with me willl fulfill your soul the way nothing has in the previous thirty years of your life. And if not, at least it only cost five bucks and three hours of your life.

*If you live in the Seattle area and want to geek out at Cineoke, it happens the 2nd Monday of each month at the Jewelbox Theater in Belltown. Be sure to say if I'm there!*

No comments:

Post a Comment