Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Reason 127

Word association. Since high school I have lured friends into sessions of Word Association, either verbal or written, to battle boredom. The rules of the game are simple: say a word and the next player says the first word that comes to mind and is somehow related to the previous word. Volley words back and forth, guffawing at the random connections and little slices of your friends' psyches, until you make it back to the very first word spoken. I have played this while waiting for movies to start, during mind numbingly boring meetings, and to distract from the endless monotony of asphalt during road trips, and I always come away from the activity with a greater sense of closeness to the participants. Who knew that the quiet girl next to me in that first aid class had such a filthy mind? Imagine my delight when I watched an interview of you and Paul Rudd engaging in this very game. One of you (I don't want to point fingers and lay blame, here), blurted out a completely random one-word answer and the other of you latched onto it, creating a proverbial verbal snowball that could not be stopped. The poor reporter didn't know what hit him. All he could do was  look awkwardly around the room while you and Paul let the game run its course. I fully approve. So, Jason, what do you think when I say the word 'goulash'? Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment