Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Monday, April 5, 2010

Reason 126

The Great Debate. Some friends may argue about the merits of paper versus plastic when it comes to grocery bags or why loading the toilet paper so it rolls from the top is infinitely better than pulling from the bottom. Talk of abortion rights and the possibility of Sarah Palin one day winning an election that actually matters can be the wedge that forever divides two women who have been besties since kindergarten, while otherwise peace-loving dudes may come to blows over whether the Yankees deserve to go to the World Series yet again (for the record, they don't because they are the devil incarnate). Jason, when it comes to the future of our friendship I have a feeling our greatest argument will center around which of our first concerts carries more cred: the Jackson 5 or Huey Lewis and the News. Ladies and gentleman, let the war begin. Let me start by saying I love the music of the Jackson 5...that was made in the 1960's and 70's. By the time you saw them in concert in the mid-80's, Jason, they hadn't had a bonafide hit on the radio in years and Michael, a solo superstar by then and the only true genius of the quintet, was performing with his semi-talented brothers as a favor. Huey Lewis and his bandmates, on the other hand, were at the top of their game, dominating the pop charts with catchy tunes like "I Want a New Drug" and "Heart of Rock and Roll." Granted, the sound system at your show probably far exceeded the one at the giant, cement Kingdome, but from my nine-year old point of view, they rocked that arena, and 23 years later I can still envision those gentlemen on stage, so clearly stoked to be performing for fans from ages 5 to 95. Unlike the Jackson gang, Huey and his pals didn't need fireworks or giant stage props to wow the audience; all they needed were their tight harmonies and some cool shades. Really, what elementary school tot wants to hear about the ABC's when they can find out about the power of love instead? I rest my case.

No comments:

Post a Comment