Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Friday, March 19, 2010

Reason 109

Cell phone etiquette. I don't know about you, Jason, but it really irks me when someone I'm with foregoes our riveting conversation to answer their cell phone. I understand picking up (or, rather, punching a button) if it's an emergency - say, you're waiting to hear back from that awesome job you just interviewed for or your significant other is about to go into labor or, dare I say, you are expecting a call from an actor you really admire - but is it really necessary to caress your phone every few minutes in desperate hope of receiving a banal text about whether your boyfriend should buy chunky or smooth peanut butter while running errands? I think not. It scares me to think that, as a culture, we are slowly losing our ability to interact with human beings face to face. Why, just today in the lunchroom at school two people were texting on their phones instead of talking to the other people around the table. Apparently, a lull in conversation that lasts more than seven seconds is too excruciating to bear. Jason, I vow to never check my cell phone when we are together. I will hang on every word that comes out of your mouth, laughing at the appropriate moments, rolling my eyes in response to your tales of incompetent coworkers, and nodding my head vigorously when you pose the question of whether or not puppetry should be a required high school course. Cell phone ettiquette is out the window, though, as soon as you hit the little boys' room. I'll whip out that sleek, red toy faster than a virgin unzipping on prom night, and text every detail of our tete a tete to my entire contact list. I am only human, afterall.

No comments:

Post a Comment