Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Reason 78

BUST magazine. Since 1993 Debbie Stoller and a gaggle of super cool chicks have been cranking out an amazing magazine that appeals to women who are interested in more than the latest celebrity plastic surgery debacle, eleven sex tips to really please your man, and recipes for delicious no-fat desserts that taste like sawdust but won't increase the size of your ass (thank God!). Basically, the kind of women I like to hang out with and I imagine, Jason, the kind of lady you are down with as well. Every year BUST puts out a "Men We Love" issue and I am shocked you haven't graced the cover yet. Past cover darlings include Elijah Wood, Beck and those two zany New Zealanders, Jemaine and Bret, who make up Flight of the Conchords. Yes, these men are talented, attractive and creative, but I would argue that you are just as fabulous. You always speak of your female costars with the highest level of respect and the women you write into your screenplays are authentic, interesting and just as flawed as the men you write about. Clearly, you love and appreciate women, which makes you a perfect candidate for BUST cover boy. So, my dear friend, I will start my campaign today to get you into the next Men We Love issue. Dear readers, feel free to contact Ms. Stoller and sing the praises of Jason as well. Perhaps coverage in a respectable periodical will make the pictures of Segel and Lohan canoodling at several Hollywood clubs a distant memory. I still throw up a little in my mouth when I think of that. Sigh.


2 comments:

  1. Your pieces are delightful...keep it up !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, anonymous, your praise makes me swoon with happiness! I go to bed with a very joyful heart because of you - thanks :)

    ReplyDelete