Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Monday, February 15, 2010

Reason 77

Customer service. I worked in retail for almost ten years and during that time I encountered some customers who were real doozies. I had to deal with rude, clueless, and demanding folks who lived in my little town, all the while enduring the pain of knowing I could never be rude, clueless or demanding right back for fear of losing a job I genuinely loved. One particularly lovely customer that still stands out in my mind over seven years later decided the picture on the outside of the box that showed all the contents inside the box just wasn't satisfying enough. No, she had to tear that box open and see the merchandise for herself, despite my repeated assurance that the picture did in fact represent what was packaged inside. When I couldn't dissuade her from tearing open her third box I gently told her I would be happy to cut the box with a knife so that I could tape it back up if she decided not to purchase the goods. She looked at me like I was the idiot and said "What is your problem? Are you obsessed with tape or something?" That woman is still alive today because I wasn't standing within slicing distance. She did end up buying a box or two of goodies and she payed with a check, which meant I had access to her home address. I admit that sending her a giant box filled with tape did cross my mind, but I'm just not that petty (or, perhaps brave). So, Jason, I promise that when we go out into the world together I will never embarrass you by being rude to the lovely person behind the counter. I will patiently wait my turn, accept the store's return policy as written, and refrain from rolling my eyes if the customer service representative is, in fact, a complete idiot. It is simply the right thing to do...and you never know when one of those representatives will lose their shit and cut you.

No comments:

Post a Comment