Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Saturday, February 13, 2010

Reason 75

Children's music. Anyone who has ever spent a significant time with small children knows music aimed at the under-five set can be painful to listen to. Often times the musicians seem to think children can't appreciate interesting tunes, singing uninspired lyrics and playing the same tired melodies from thirty years ago. Barney, anyone? Thankfully, there is a pretty hip kids' music scene burgeoning in Seattle. Leading the way is Recess Monkey, a rockin' band made up of three Seattle-area elementary teachers and a funky stuffed monkey named Mayor Monkey. These guys write hilarious ditties about convincing one's parents to buy a pet, an octopus that tells knock-knock jokes, and a farm that grows marshmallows. The lyrics are clever and the beats are funky, so both parents and tots can get their grooves on without wanting to jam blunt objects into their ears. Jason, I know you have an older brother, so I'm guessing you may have a niece or nephew. If so, you should definitely treat him or her to some quality music from this trio. If you aren't lucky enough to be an uncle, I happen to have two amazing nieces at my disposal and we would be more than happy to drag you to a Recess Monkey show. Usually adults aren't let in the door without a kid or two in tow, so I abuse my auntie role any time I want to rock out to some fun and funny music. I promise you'll have a great time and, as a bonus, no one at these shows will pester you for an autograph since toddlers generally have no concept of celebrity (thank god).

1 comment:

  1. the recess monkeys should be all the reason Jason needs to come to Seattle and be your BFF

    ReplyDelete