Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Reason 64

The universe. When I set out on my roadtrip to San Francisco last week I had visions of the two of us sitting in a hotel room together watching The Muppets Take Manhattan, trying to outdo one another with our extensive 80's movie trivia, and maybe enjoying a cheesy tourist moment on a cable car. Realistically, I would've been overjoyed just to share the same air space with you. Little did I know the universe was working in mysterious ways to bring us together. I should have known the stars were aligned in my favor when I set my iPod to shuffle and the 2nd song that came on, out of about 1000, was the Dracula musical finale from Forgetting Sarah Marshall. I had just loaded it onto my iPod the night before. That's right - cue creepy music. What other songs streamed joyously from my car's speakers in that first hour? The theme song to The Muppet Show, "Movin' Right Along" from the original Muppet Movie, and "Dracula's Lament," your own masterpiece. It was a Jason Segel musical extravaganza! Cut to Saturday night where I am standing in line outside Cobb's Comedy Club, desperately hoping to snag a standby ticket for the sold out 8 o'clock show. Who should saunter up the street and pass right by little ol' me? That's right - you, Jason. You were running late, but still stopped to take a picture with me (so gracious). If you hadn't been running late and if I had been able to purchase a ticket ahead of time, our paths never would have crossed. Just wait - it gets better. I did buy a ticket for that show from someone who couldn't use theirs. After the show, which blew my expectations out of the water, I ran back to my car to grab the Great Muppet Caper LP I wanted to give you. When I got back to the club I joined a line of people waiting to get in that snaked all the way around the block. If I hadn't been at that exact spot in line I wouldn't have been seated at a table in the back by the bar and you wouldn't have walked right by me on your way to and from said dispensary of alcohol. You stopped and chatted with me, telling me I was the sweetest ever for trying to pawn the LP off on you, but you already owned a copy. After the show I waited outside the club, hoping you would come out to chat with your adoring fans, but after 15 minutes I gave up. A block away from the club I spotted you across the street, fending off a woman who apparently wanted to have her way with you. The light changed and we started walking toward one another. I held out a pen and the album and you scrawled your name in the corner. Clearly, it was destiny for us to meet three times that night. It may sound a little crazy, but I truly believe the universe is telling us something. We better listen, Jason. It isn't prudent to piss the universe off.

1 comment:

  1. This is about the most perfect thing that could have happened. I am so glad you decided to go!

    ReplyDelete