Jason says "read this blog!"
Just when I'm about to sign the DNR papers for this blog something comes along and inspires me to write another post. One of these days Jason Segel will come to his senses and beg me to befriend him. I just hope he isn't waiting to see the 365th reason. It may take years.



365 Reasons Why...An Explanation

Well, hello there (said in a very sexy voice). You're looking quite lovely today. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to take off your shoes and get comfortable, maybe leave a comment or two. This started out as kind of a funny thing to do after I blew a phone conversation with Jason, but I've found I really enjoy writing every day and researching new and interesting things about my future BFF. In January I met Jason at a comedy club and the few words we shared only reinforced my belief that he and I would get along famously. As a dear friend of mine recently said, "why wouldn't he want to be friends with you - you're awesome!" Perhaps the 365 reasons in this blog may just convince Jason of what I already know to be true: separately, our awesomeness is great; combined, it may be enough to take over the world. If you want to be one of my esteemed followers, simply click on the 'follow' button toward the bottom of the page. Come on, you know you want to.



Friday, January 22, 2010

Reason 53

Spontaneity. I like to think of myself as a fairly spontaneous person, although sometimes I need a little push to get there. In high school I had a wonderful friend named Michelle who made me feel daring and confident. One night we were hanging out on our school's soccer field with some guys we were crushing on when we both decided to whip off our shirts and run a lap in the moonlight, whooping like banshees. I keep that memory tucked away in the back of my mind and access it when I need to tip the scales of spontaneity. Like now. Yesterday I found out you are performing as part of Sketchfest in San Francisco on January 30, a mere week away. Now, any sane person would think "huh, it would be cool to see Jason Segel live, but the 3,000 mile trip seems a tad excessive." Lucky for you, Jason, I am anything but sane. Driving for 12 hours on Friday, enjoying the City by the Bay on Saturday, and turning around to drive another 12 hours back to Seattle on Sunday seems like just my cup of tea (metaphorically, of course, since I don't like hot liquids - see Reason 51). Don't you want a friend who occasionally throws caution to the wind and who is willing to drive 3,000 miles to see you? Spontaneity, Jason. Ya' dig?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my GOD! I forgot about that night! We did have some good times- I think I need to rechannel the Michelle from high school again.... I am going out tonight- watch out Boston! Miss you- thanks for making me smile! Love, Michelle

    ReplyDelete